Monday, June 10, 2013

Toddler meals: spinach & summer squash fettuccine


I'm getting pretty creative with Landon! 


Today on the menu: 
Spinach fettuccine with summer "squash" noodles in a zucchini purée...  
With a cheddar cheese stick
Cherries (pitted)
Grapes (cut in 1/4)


I realized that most kids love noodles & pasta.. So now I make my own by grating a squash.. Carrot... Zucchini.. To make spaghetti noodles for my baby. Any vegetable that I can utilize my handy dandy cheese grater.. I'll make spaghetti out of it! Lol



So today for lunch, we used ready made gluten free spinach fettuccine pasta. Cooked as directed..


Grate 1/2 a summer squash



Stir into the fettuccine pot and cook for 2 minutes

Drain


Add a little zucchini purée



Top with Parmesan cheese and serve! 



 bon appétit!! 


Oh I forgot to add my lunch! We get these cilantro & lime kabobs from whole foods... And it tasts Delicious! We grilled up 2 kabobs and I ate it with a serving of fettuccini pasta sautéed with garlic and pesto sauce... It was SOOooOo good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment