Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I do apologize for such a late post!!


We had thanksgiving this year at my aunts house. She lives about 2 miles away from me!! Are you looking at this assortment?? From left to right: 1 baked turkey, 1 ham (my contribution), 1 surprisingly delicious fried turkey, then corn bread, corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, Mac & cheese, followed by our usual Vietnamese food buffet. 


Lunner (lunch/dinner) was delicious! 

Here is my ham!!! I didn't realize how easy it was to make ham!! Go to honey baked ham, stand in line for an hour, then to cook, heat for 45 minutes @ 350•. Perfection! 

The perfectly baked turkey! All the decor came from my aunts yard lol.

The set up.. Believe it not.. The table setting was all plastic! Reusable too. 

So cute right?

Afterwards, we dropped my husband off at home to watch the Steeler game, Landon stayed with my parents and my sister ran off to successfully shop at toys r us & old navy. 


I'm so thankful this year for my family, especially my mom who has completed chemo and is starting to recover. Life is much sweeter with her around and we thank god, tho he continues to challenged her, he guides her through and she seems stronger than ever. 

I'm thankful for my husband, who works so hard for our little family, who supports us and I'm thankful that he is so hands on with our son. 

I'm thankful for my siblings, especially my sister who has really been an intricate part of my life since Landon was born. She is full of love and we've completely bonded. She has been my Go To person and when I need a break, she comes running, swoops Landon up for a couple of hours. She also already loves this second baby so much! I will never have to invite her over, she will just call and ask to see my son and I never say no. How could I? 

And I'm thankful for my extended family and friends. 

Xo!

2 comments: