Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Rustic Owl" Baby Shower For My Niece!

Over the weekend, we threw my sil a baby shower! We were going for a rustic owl theme. So so cute!! Color scheme: burlap & Lace with pop colors: pink & gold! 
Let's be honest.. A party by me isn't complete without my chalkboard sign lol! Best $49.99 I ever spent in my life! 

Next was my invitation! Coral ombre with an itty bitty little owl, wrapped in doilies! My favorite invitation yet! That's the problem with Pinterest... It has the best ideas!!! 

My pink ombre rain drop gift table... I think it would've turned out nicer if I had larger balloons, but my darling assistant Landon spent some time rolling on the balloons... Lol 
My center pieces were mason jars wrapped with burlap and lace... Flowers were hydregnas, babies breath and pink roses. Originally it was carnations but the florist didn't ask if I wanted light pink or hot pink so they bought white... Then offered to spray paint it pink but I refused to sit in a car with spray painted flowers (I had Landon and I'm pregnant).. So I went for roses.. Worked out but I wasn't happy. 
Table setting was exactly what I envisioned.. Rustic and classy.. 
The minute my sister and I saw these gold chargers... We had to get them! We threw on pink heart shaped doilies to add a pop color, thank goodness for valentines day around the corner, the dollar tree had them available! For favors, we got nail polish and wrapped it with burlap. (Again thanks Pinterest!)
Here is the mama to be! 

I made little bunting signs for the baby Mia using burlap with lace lettering (for desserts and drinks too) i also used pink, burlap & lace ribbons to add a pop! My sister made all the poms... So so cute! 

I loved the candy bar... Almond roca is my favorite treat, add in grape fruit flavored gummy bears, I was in sugar heaven! We also served pink donuts, cream puffs, heart shaped cookies and mini cinnabuns! 

We served mimosas with a variety of juices! 
The cake was 2 tiered.. Vanilla with fresh strawberry filling! The cake topper was purchased on etsy.. Really cute and they work fast too!!! 

I decided I wanted to do a bow station.. Different than a onesie project. We had headbands, hair clips and a variety of different colored felts. I added fake flowers... And plenty of scissors and glue guns! 
Here is my bow! Super cute and I can't wait to make bows for my little baby girl too!!! 

Some of the games we played... 1. Hold a baby while talking on a cell phone and hang laubdry.. My mom was so cute! 
2. Match the socks game.. This is my sil's grandmother trying to match socks... Here's a tip: keep it to 10 pairs minimum.. This game takes forever! 

3. "Oh shit my water broke" freeze little plastic babies (from any craft store) in an ice cube maker... Whoever frees their baby first screams "shit my water broke" wins!

4. Last game was guess the baby food game... Pretty easy.. NOT! Pears and apple smells exactly alike! 


3 of the diaper cakes that were gifted at the shower, how amazing is the golf cart diaper cake?!!! The owl was made by her sister. 

Such a fun shower for my sil! My sister is a fantastic party planner! So much goes into throwing a party and I'm exhausted! But it was all worth it.. Because I would do anything for my little niece! 

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty shower - love all of the details, you girls did such a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmygosh you out did yourself! over the top cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems to be an extraordinary baby shower. My friend has also organized a baby shower for her sister at one of the top rated Venues in San Francisco next week. Thinking of suggesting all the creative ideas to her to impress all the guests.

    ReplyDelete