Friday, August 23, 2013

Toddler Meals: Brown Rice Trio


I've been posting about my brown rice trio a lot lately... It's really easy to make and it's filled with tons of protein and nutrients.. 

I usually make enough for a few days. 

I start by peeling & cutting a small sized sweet potato. 

In a rice cooker.. Add the following:

1 cup rice
1/4 cup buckwheat
1/4 cup quinoa
1/8 cup lentils

Rinse 2-3x with warm water.

Add sweet potato
Add enough water to cook rice (I usually stick my forefinger into the water.. Fill water to the first line of your finger. :) its a ghetto Asian way of measuring but let's be honest.. Asian people make really good rice! 

I add this mix to eggs, soups.. We eat it with meals for dinner.. It's just really easy and fills us up! 


No comments:

Post a Comment