Monday, September 30, 2013

Toddler Meals: Hearty Breakfasts



Alright, Here is my Breakfast Edition of Toddler Meals! I feel like I'm over posting about food, so I will only post once a month from now on. Its just SOOOO much fun feeding Landon. He's such a foodie!

Bacon w/ Brown Rice Omelette and waffles


Well, it doesn't look an omelette, but it is. I had to chop it up so he could use a fork to eat it.

in a bowl, beat eggs with brown rice trio and bacon
cook in skillet.. serve!

earths best waffles are easy, organic and yummy- we top it with fruit.. no syrup or butter (boo, I'm so boring!)

banana... because he loves bananas. 

We also serve breakfast with Steel Cut Oatmeal (prepared in our crockpot over night) with coconut yogurt and prunes EVERY MORNING!

********************************************************************************

Scrambled Eggs and Waffles


Eggs have been a huge staple in our breakfast. If Landon will eat it, I will serve it. My husband loves eggs for breakfast and I really don't mind preparing it every morning for them. The best think about feeding my boys breakfast is- it forces me to eat as well!

For easy breakfast- Just scramble some eggs with almond milk (or any type of milk). Milk makes the eggs extra fluffy!

served with fresh cut strawberries and waffles

We threw in some organic cereal for fun!

********************************************************************************

Scrambled Eggs with Cheese and Avocado and fruit


For an extra protein in our breakfast,  I sometimes add avocado and cheese to our breakfast. Landon Loves it. 

served with raspberries and Oatmeal with Yogurt and prunes!

enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Hi! How do you make your steal cut oatmeal in the crock pot? I do mine every morning on the stove top (water and oats), but it would be nice to just have it ready when we wake up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a very small crockpot-
      Grease crockpot with coconut oil
      Add:
      1/4 cup Steel cut oatmeal
      1/4 cup quinoa
      1 1/2 cup water
      1/4 cup milk
      Cinnamon
      1 apple peeled, cored, cut up
      Turn on low.. And go to sleep!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I'll give it a try. I have a teeny crock pot too so I'll try it out in there. Do you use almond milk? We're vegan so we don't drink regular milk & I believe I've seen you mention that you guys drink almond milk....?

      Delete
    3. Yes! We aren't vegan but we drink organic almond milk!

      Delete
    4. Great. Thanks so much for your help. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow night (the time slipped away from me tonight, haha).

      Delete
  2. Rice with eggs, sounds nice and hearty. Never would of thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love eggs & rice! Sometimes we eat it for lunch or dinner! Way easier to digest than bread!

      Delete