Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Training Bootcamp for my puppies...

Here is a photo of my two pups pitifully looking inside the nursery, but not entering!! (First try too!)


Our little family has been blessed with the best non-human babies... our 2 dogs are such a blessing!! I started training them over the weekend. There are certain boundaries that I need them to establish before the baby arrives and it's so far, so good.

Here are the new rules I'd like to establish before the baby arrives:

"No puppies in the nursery"

"No puppies begging for food in the breakfast nook"

"no taking the baby's toys"

Here is a photo of my two pups pitifully looking inside the nursery, but not entering!! (First try too!)




I've been pretty successful with the "No puppies in the nursery" rule. My husband is catching on that this is an important rule. He's the one that typically spoils the pups and so now he MUST learn to discipline them.

So the other day, I started off by buying some clothes for the baby.. Ok, I practically bought the WHOLE store, but when I got home, I took the items upstairs to the designated nursery. As always, the pups followed me.. they FOLLOW ME EVERYWHERE.
before I opened the nursery door, I said, "No, you two stay outside". Every time they made the attempt to enter, I would say, "no, no. outside." and I would point my finger at the door... and sure enough, they would turn around and exit the room.

I continued to do this throughout the weekend, I would enter the nursery and sit for 2-3 minutes and they would wait by the door.

When my husband returned home, I sat him down to explain the new process. sure enough, he followed the rules and the puppies listened.

**Don't forget, if they listen.. they get a treat!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment